TERMS & CONDITIONS
Affiliate Terms of Service
Listed below are the terms and conditions associated with our affiliate program.
- Affiliates are paid $0.00 for the first referred sale in a calendar month.
- During the same calendar month if an affiliate refers a second sale both the first and second sales commissions will increase to $0.
- During the same calendar month if an affiliate refers a third sale all three sales commissions will increase to $0.
- During the same calendar month if an affiliate refers a fourth sale all four sales commissions will increase to $0.
- During the same calendar month if an affiliate refers a fifth sale all five sales commissions will increase to $0.
- During the same calendar month if an affiliate refers a sixth sale all six sales commissions will increase to $0 as well as any additional sales brought in by that affiliate for the given calendar month.
- The calendar month is defined as starting on the first day of that calendar month (for instance January 1st) and ending on the last day of that calendar month (for instance January 31st). A reversal of a sale during that month will reduce the affiliate commission rate to the next lowest tier.
- All affiliate commissions are processed and sent to affiliates 35-40 days after the end of the month in which the sale occurred. You can see the affiliate payment schedule at our FAQ section under affiliate payments.
- Please allow for 5-10 business days (allowing for weekends and holidays) for your payment to reach you.
- You must generate a commissionable sale worth $0 commissions to receive your first $0 Commission payout.
- Commission payments are made via PayPal or Wire Transfer (only available for accounts earning $00 or more per pay period). To setup PayPal or Wire Transfer accounts, contact the affiliate manager using the info provided below.
- Affiliates are responsible for checking with their bank to ensure they accept payments from the US.
- Affiliates are responsible for any and all fees, taxes, exchange rates, surcharges and other expenses incurred in order to receive their commissions. Please check with your local banking institution to find out if any of these apply for your area/country.
- Referrals that have been issued a refund within the first 30 days of service will be deducted from commissions owed.
- Referrals must have an active hosting account for 30 consecutive days or commissions will be reversed.
- Referrals that are found to be fraudulent (false information, fake/stolen credit cards etc.) will be reversed.
- Referrals that issue a credit card charge back will be reversed.
- Referrals must choose a billing cycle of at least 1 year (does not include domain registrations)
- Affiliates may not receive commissions for web hosting accounts that they themselves purchase unless expressly approved by the affiliate department in writing.
- Referrals who sign up using non-standard rates (such as those rates available through the Affiliate Program) are not eligible for commissions, as determined at sole discretion. Non-standard rates include but are not limited to sales, promotions, email offers, discounted pricing offered to educators, government, non-profits, etc.
- Affiliates may not offer cash back, rate reducing coupons, rewards or incentives without written approval. Please contact us if you would like to have your site reviewed.
- Affiliates must use their tracking code, which is provided to them through their affiliate management center, for signing up accounts.
- The affiliate tracking code ensures that the affiliate will receive credit for the account rather than some other affiliate.
- It is the affiliate's responsibility to make sure that any client they refer use the affiliate's tracking code so that the affiliate receives a commission for each of those sales.
- All coupons issued by eCommercemd for affiliates advertising or for eCommerceMD internal advertising take precedence over the affiliate tracking code and commissions will not be issued to affiliates for any accounts purchased which uses a coupon unless otherwise specified by eCommerceMD unless otherwise authorized, affiliates may not bid on trademark keywords for the purpose of PPC on the search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask).
- Any affiliates found bidding on trademarked terms may be deactivated and their commissions forfeited at the discretion of the eCommercemd Affiliate program manager. For a list of banned keywords, please contact the affiliate manager using the information provided below.
- Affiliates may use the approved banners and ad text code found in the affiliate management center. Affiliates are responsible for ensuring that their tracking code is working properly before sending traffic to our servers. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the affiliate commissions will not be paid for tracking errors caused by editing, masking or tampering with your links.
- All affiliates must comply with the FTC rules regarding the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising or promoting eCommercemd service. Please read our FTC Affiliate Requirements FAQ.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time without warning or advanced notice. Your account WILL BE DEACTIVATED and commissions set to $0 for failure to comply with the Affiliate Terms contained herein.
- Any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts may be deactivated upon review.
- Affiliates may not. resell the eCommercemd web hosting service, offenders will be deactivated.
- If you would like to discontinue your affiliate status, simply remove your affiliate links and no longer promote them. For accounting purposes your account and personal information will not be completely removed from our system.
BY REGISTERING AS AN AFFILIATE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions apply to you. You may review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at the site. eCommercemd may change the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time at eCommercemd sole discretion with or without written notification. Posting of such changed Terms and Conditions on the site shall constitute notice of such changes to you, although eCommercemd may choose additional types of notification. While eCommercemd may attempt notification to our affiliates of any changes to our Terms and Conditions however, at times, notification is not possible (as in a change in email address or phone number) and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the affiliate to check back on our Affiliate Terms and Conditions page to discover any changes. Affiliates may also contact our affiliate program manager at any time to discover any changes to the affiliate Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Affiliate Program constitutes your acceptance of all changes to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to deactivate your account as described above.
eCommercemd shall notify affiliates of any changes to the affiliate program and may periodically notify affiliates of any special incentives which affiliates may offer to potential customers. Most of these communications shall be sent to the email address on file for the affiliate. Should affiliates which to not receive these notices they shall have the opportunity and shall have the responsibility of deleting their email on file in their affiliate account.
Federal Trade Commission
eCommercemd requires that each affiliate comply with the rules and guidelines expressed by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and that failure to do so may result in removal from our affiliate program and cancellation of commissions. In December 2009 the FTC released guidelines which require transparency by any affiliate who uses reviews, rankings or testimonials to promote products or services which would disclose the fact to website visitors that the affiliate is compensated for their reviews, rankings or testimonials.
As an affiliate, how can you comply with the FTC rules?
To comply with the FTC rules, you should meet four basic requirements regarding your disclosure to your website visitors that you may receive compensation for your reviews, recommendations, rankings, etc. Your disclosures should be frequent, clear, conspicuous and require no additional scrolling or other type of action (like hovering) to be able to see the disclosure.
- The FTC advises that your disclosure should be on any page that has a review, recommendation, comment or article that promotes any product or service for which you receive an affiliate commission.
- The FTC further advises that it should be clear to the reader that as an affiliate you may receive compensation for your reviews, recommendations, rankings, etc.
- The disclosure should be in text which is at least as large as the other text on your website page and should be in contrast with both the background of the website page and with the other text on that page. So for example if your website page background is white and your text is black, you should use a dark color (other than and distinctive compared to Black Text) like bright blue for your disclosure text.
- The disclosure should also start with the word Disclosure
Please Note: The information provided on this website page is intended as guidance only and is not intended as legal advice. Should you need more legal advice regarding how these rules pertain to your website you should seek a legal advisor.